PEACE SUPPORT OPERATIONS STAFF NCO COURSE
The Course has been designed for staff NCOs who will be posted in national or NATO/multinational HQs, in order to prepare them to work effectively in complex multinational environment at the tactical level.
The aim of the course is to educate and train selected NCOs in NATO practices and procedures and deliver a skill set that enables them to operate in interagency working environment and support staff functions in national posts or multi-national employments/ deployments across the full spectrum of military operations.
- Use a personal computer (PC) as a tool in staff work
- Use NATO military symbols for land operations;
- Accept roles of UN and NATO in establishing and conducting PSO;
- Examine the applicability of concepts of maneuver warfare and mission command;
- Comprehend fundamentals of the doctrinal approach of conducting NATO Land Operations;
- Summarize specific contemporary challenges within an operational environment;
- Develop staff products within steps of MDMP;
- Apply MDMP in PSO.
- The Course is designed for NCOs with a rank span from Staff Sergeant to Sergeant Major (OR6 – OR9), including all services;
- Up to 40 national and international participants;
- Participants should have following standards of proficiency in English (as described in STANAG 6001): 2, 2, 2, 2;
- Computer skills: Basic computer handling (MS Word and PPT) is highly desirable;
- Other prerequisites: National Staff NCO Course highly desirable, Basic NCO Course - desirable, Advance NCO Course – desirable.
The Course is delivered by national and international instructors and subject matter experts, both military and civilian.
30 days before the start of activity.
Read out the MDMP Handbook.
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
A pre-course recommendation for this Course is that student finishes ADL 069 - Peace Keeping Techniques on NATO Partnership for Peace Consortium Advanced Distributed Learning Website.
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites. In order to get the access to the referred course it is mandatory to create an account on the JADL portal. Please, refer to the Course catalogue (page 6 – 8).