COUNTER-INSURGENCY (COIN) ORIENTATION COURSE
|Iterations||17 MAY 2021 - 28 MAY 2021 , 16 MAY 2022 - 27 MAY 2022|
The aim of the course is to introduce key leaders and trainers to concepts and doctrine related to counterinsurgency operations in order to create a framework of understanding of the differences between counterinsurgency and conventional warfare and introduce COIN definitions and principles.
- Analyze operational environment and effects of the environment on NATO operations;
- Understand insurgency dynamics and strategies;
- Understand COIN fundamentals;
- Understand the relationship, roles and tasks of the multiple actors involved in defeating the insurgency;
- Understand COIN Intelligence Preparation of Environment (IPE) and Military Decision Making Process (MDMP) required to integrate political, military, social, economic programs and actors to achieve stability and reduce insurgent influence;
- Understand unique features of leadership on COIN operations.
- Up to 40 national and international participants;
- Military from Senior NCO to LtCol. (OR7-OF4), including all services;
- Participants should have following standards of proficiency in English (as described in STANAG 6001): 2, 2, 2, 2;
- Basic computer handling (MS Office).
The Course is delivered by national and international instructors and subject matter experts. Participants should be selected trainers and key leaders who will be deployed in COIN operations.
30 days before the start of activity.