ESSENTIAL STAFF NCO SKILLS COURSE
|Iterations||12.04.2021 - 23.04.2021 , 14.02.2022 - 25.02.2022|
To provide NCOs with essential skills required to support staff duties at tactical level in national and international headquarters (HQs) in accordance with NATO standards. Further training is required to prepare them for specific staff NCO positions.
- Fundamentals of Peacekeeping Operations
- NATO NA5CRO Basics
- Map Reading and Land Navigation
- NATO Military Symbols
- NATO Radio Voice Procedures
- Battle Staff NCO Duties in Tactical Operations Centre (TOC)
- International Humanitarian Law Fundamentals
- NATO Rules of Engagement
- Contemporary Operational Environment (Cultural Awareness, Gender/PSV, Protection of Civilians)
- Up to 40 national and international participants
- The course is designed for NCOs at OR5 and OR 7 ranks, including all services, and is designed for NCO deployments up to the battalion level in national posts or multi-national environment
- Participants should have following standards of proficiency in English (as described in STANAG 6001): 2, 2, 2, 2 or over 80% of the ALCPT test
- Computer skills: Basic computer handling (MS Word and PPT) is highly desirable
- Other pre-requisites:
- Basic NCO Course (national or international) requested.
The Course is delivered by national and international instructors and subject matter experts.
30 days before the start of activity.
Read out the MDMP Handbook.
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
A pre-course recommendation for this Course is that student finishes ADL 069 - Peace Keeping Techniques on NATO Partnership for Peace Consortium Advanced Distributed Learning Website.
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites. In order to get the access to the referred course it is mandatory to create an account on the JADL portal. Please, refer to the Course catalogue (page 6 – 8).