ESSENTIAL STAFF NCO SKILLS COURSE
The Essential Staff NCO Skills Course (ESNCOSC) provides insight into lower-level staff organization and procedures in NATO-led operations. After completion of the course, participants should understand the basic principles of Military Contribution to Peace Support Efforts and be able to perform the basic duties of the Battle Staff NCO at Bn HQs.
The aim of the course is to provide NCOs with the essential skills required to support staff duties at the tactical level in national and international headquarters (HQs) in accordance with NATO standards. Further training is required to prepare them for specific staff NCO positions.
- Explain types of Peace Support Efforts and the main actors involved;
- Adhere to Comprehensive Approach Principles;
- Recognize legal implications of conducting PSO;
- Explain civilian protection concepts related to PoC, CRSV/CR-SGBV, gender, and CAAC;
- Demonstrate cultural competency Maintain the flow of information in Bn/Bde TOC;
- Update situation maps in TOC Respond to PoC violations;
- Summarize measures for effective force protection;
- Adhere to NATO operational tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs);
- Explain security force assistance tasks;
- Explain tactical level advising of host nation security forces.
- Up to 40 participants;
- NCOs (OR-5 – OR-7) including all services;
- Participants have to have at least 2, 2, 2, 2 of proficiency in English (as prescribed by STANAG 6001) or approximately B2 level in accordance with the Common European Frame (CEFR);
- Other prerequisites: Basic NCO Course (national or international) requested.
The Course is delivered by national and international instructors and subject matter experts.
30 days before the start of activity.
Read out the MDMP Handbook.
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
A pre-course recommendation for this Course is that student finishes ADL 069 - Peace Keeping Techniques on NATO Partnership for Peace Consortium Advanced Distributed Learning Website.
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites. In order to get the access to the referred course it is mandatory to create an account on the JADL portal. Please, refer to the Course catalogue (page 6 – 8).