INTERNATIONAL STAFF OFFICER’S SKILLS COURSE (ISOSC)
The international Staff Officers Skills Course (ISOSC) has been designed to serve as essential preparation for individuals who will be posted in multinational HQ. Further training is required to prepare them for specific staff positions.
The aim of the course is to develop essential staff skills of junior officers in accordance with NATO standards, as basic preparation for their engagement in international and national headquarters (HQs).
- Comprehend NATO challenges in conducting current operations;
- Conform to working in a multinational working environment;
- Comprehend the system of democratic control over the armed forces;
- Use a personal computer (PC) as a tool in staff work;
- Apply basic NATO military symbols for land operations, maps, and land navigation;
- Use NATO voice procedures in radio communications in the English language;
- Use NATO reports and returns in multinational operations;
- Perform common staff tasks at a tactical level.
- Up to 40 participants;
- Military officers (OF-1 to OF-2) including all services. The course is designed for officers deployed at battalion HQ and above in national posts or the multinational environment;
- Participants should be nationally trained in the military decision-making process or have working experience as staff officers in a national HQ;
- Participants have to have at least 2, 2, 2, 2 of proficiency in English (as prescribed by STANAG 6001) or approximately B1 level in accordance with the Common European Frame (CEFR).
The course is delivered by national and international instructors and subject matter experts.
30 days before the start of the activity.
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
A pre-course recommendation for this Course is that student finishes ADL 169 – “Improving Operational Effectiveness by Integrating Gender Perspective (JKO New Version)” on NATO Partnership for Peace Consortium Advanced Distributed Learning Website. The student is expected to present the printed ADL Course Certificate to the Course Admin at PSOTC during the in-processing phase.
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites. In order to get the access to the referred course it is mandatory to create an account on the JADL portal. Please, refer to the Course catalogue (page 6 – 8).