INTERNATIONAL STAFF OFFICER’S SKILLS COURSE
|Iterations||08.03.2021 - 01.04.2021 , 21.03.2022 - 14.04.2022|
To develop essential staff skills of junior officers in accordance with NATO standards, as basic preparation for their engagement in international and national headquarters (HQ’s). Further training is required to prepare them for specific staff positions.
- Introduction to NATO (overview, new tasks and challenges, current operations)
- Multinational Working Environment
- Gender Mainstreaming in Multinational Operations
- Information Technology as a Staff Tool
- Staff Work at Tactical Level
- NATO Reports and Returns
- Map Reading and Land Navigation
- NATO Military Symbols for Land Based Systems
- NATO Voice Procedures in Radio Communication
- Democratic Control Over Armed Forces
- Role of Media in Operations
- Up to 40 national and international participants
- NATO, AFBiH, PfP, MD and ICI military officers including all services from 2nd Lieutenant to Captain (OF-1 to OF-2)
- Participants should have following standards of proficiency in English (as described in STANAG 6001): 2, 2, 2, 2 or over 80% of the ALCPT test
The Course is delivered by national and international instructors and subject matter experts, both military and civilian.
30 days before the start of activity.
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
A pre-course recommendation for this Course is that student finishes ADL 169 – “Improving Operational Effectiveness by Integrating Gender Perspective (JKO New Version)” on NATO Partnership for Peace Consortium Advanced Distributed Learning Website. The student is expected to present the printed ADL Course Certificate to the Course Admin at PSOTC during the in-processing phase.
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites. In order to get the access to the referred course it is mandatory to create an account on the JADL portal. Please, refer to the Course catalogue (page 6 – 8).