UN STAFF OFFICERS COURSE
|Iteration||01.11.2021 - 19.11.2021|
|ePrime number:||PSOTC 7.4|
To prepare nationally trained military officers to effectively perform staff duties at Force HQ or Sector HQ level in integrated UN peacekeeping missions.
- Fundamentals of Peacekeeping
- Mandate, Duties and Tasks in UN Peacekeeping Operations
- International Legal Framework for PKO
- UN Child Protection and Protection of Civilians
- UN Mission, Force and Sector HQ Organization and Operations
- Application of Military Component Planning Process
- UN Core Values and Competencies
- Peacekeeping Intelligence Cycle
- UN Mission Support
- UN Crises and Security Management
- Women, Peace and Security and Conflict Related Sexual Violence
- Up to 40 national and international participants
- Military officers from Captain to Lieutenant Colonel (OF-2 to OF-4)from NATO, PfP, MD, ICI
- Participants should be nationally trained in military decision making process or have working experience as staff officers in an operational environment
- Participants should have following standards of proficiency in English (as described in STANAG 6001): 2, 2, 2, 2
- Computer skills: Basic computer handling (MS Word and PPT) is highly desirable
The Course is delivered by national and international subject matter experts, who bring in conceptual knowledge and practical experiences from contemporary UN PKO.
30 days before the start of activity.
Read out "United Nations Peacekeeping Operations Principles and Guidelines" also known as Capstone or the Capstone Doctrine.
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites.