DEFENSE ATTACHE ORIENTATION COURSE (DAOC) IN DEFENCE AND DIPLOMACY
24 JUN 2024 - 28 JUN 2024
In Cooperation with
|ePrime Reference Number:||N/A|
|ETOC Course Code:||N/A|
|ETF Course Code:||PSOTC.WSSC.7|
The Defence Attaché Orientation Course (DAOC) provides participants with practical training in national and international procedures as well as other areas relevant to their future work as DA.
The aim of the course is to:
- develop the skills and expertise of defence officials working in a multilateral environment (such as Defence Attachés) in the various aspects of international security;
- provide defence officials with practical training in national and international procedures as well as other areas relevant to their future work;
- familiarise defence officials with the work in a multilateral and multicultural setting
- Module 1: Security & Diplomacy;
- Module 2: The DA tasks;
- Module 3: Protocol & Etiquette;
- Module 4: Exemplary DA tour;
- Module 5: The DA environment;
- Module 6: Cultural visit (optional);
- Up to 40 participants;
- Selected by a Ministry of Defence or a Ministry of Foreign Affairs based on the following criteria:
Potential, newly appointed or recently accredited Defence Attachés,
- Diplomats working in the context of defence and diplomacy,
- Senior Officials with more than five years of experience, from ministries working directly or indirectly with a Defence Attaché,
- Availability for the entire duration of the course.
The course analyses major international security questions, especially with regard to the “New Threats” agenda. It surveys practical issues of protocol, as well as knowledge and practices of international conventions that are an essential part of the task, and builds confidence and experience through a proven simulation of a “Defence Attaché tour”. The Course is delivered by national and international subject matter experts, both military and civilian.
30 days before the start of the activity.
A pre-course recommendation for this Course is that student read out The Vienna Convention, 1961.
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites.