EURO - ATLANTIC SECURITY COURSE (EASC)
The course provides an overall understanding of the Euro-Atlantic geopolitical context, including key actors and new threats, in particular with respect to security within the Euro-Atlantic region. The emphasis of the course is on contemporary security challenges and organizations dealing with them, such as NATO, the EU, the OSCE, and NATO partner countries. It analyses the effects and consequences to national governments and regional security organizations within the Euro-Atlantic space and offers recommendations on future policy.
The aim of the course is to enhance the knowledge of contemporary security challenges within the Euro-Atlantic region, as well as to increase cooperation and coordination among NATO, EU, and OSCE.
- Explain the contemporary geopolitical context in the Euro-Atlantic region;
- Analyze contemporary security challenges in the Euro-Atlantic region;
- Explaining the role of the main national geopolitical players in the Euro-Atlantic area;
- Explaining the role of regional organizations in the Euro-Atlantic area (NATO, EU, OSCE).
- Up to 40 participants;
- Senior military officers (OF-4 – OF-5), equivalent civilian staff, and university postgraduate students;
- Participants have to have at least 2, 2, 2, 2 of proficiency in English (as prescribed by STANAG 6001) or approximately B1 level in accordance with the Common European Frame (CEFR).
The course is delivered in cooperation with the Faculty of Political Science at the University of Sarajevo, the George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies, and the Geneva Centre for Security Policy.
30 days before the start of activity.
It is recommend to read materials from Strategic Survey 2017 attached on following link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1P5NVINgeuRNwhGAWFWbJsRa63WZli407 (IMPORTANT: If the link does not work copy/paste link in your browser).
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites.