PEACE SUPPORT OPERATIONS STAFF OFFICERS COURSE
28 NOV 2021 - 23 DEC 2021,
31 OCT 2022 - 18 NOV 2022
|ePrime Reference Number:||PSOTC.8|
|ETOC Course Code:||MCP-CM-25691|
|ETF Course Code:|
The aim of the course is to prepare nationally trained staff officers for assignments in multinational tactical level HQ conducting NATO-led Peace Support Operations.
- Describe cornerstones in NATO history and NATO’s structure and organization as well as main principles of NATO doctrinal approach to operations;
- Examine applicability of fundamentals of land operations in NATO-led Peace Support Operations (PSO);
- Describe context and the main principles of Stability Tasks and Activities in PSO environment;
- Summarize measures for effective force protection;
- Explain the legal framework of NATO-led Peace Support Operations;
- Explain integrity challenges in PSO;
- Explain procedures related to Protection of Civilians (PoC), Conflict Related Sexual Violence / Conflict Related – Sexual Gender Based Violence (CRSV/CR-SGBV), gender, and Children and Armed Conflict (CAAC);
- Exercise negotiation and mediation skills in conflict situations;
- Explain the interaction between media and the military in a contemporary operational environment;
- Display cultural competency;
- Administer a Tactical Operations Centre (TOC);
- Manage information in TOC;
- Apply NATO planning procedures for PSO on a tactical level.
- Up to 40 national and international participants
- Military officers from Captain to Lieutenant Colonel (OF-2 to OF-4) from NATO, PfP, MD, ICI
- Participants should be nationally trained in military decision making process or have working experience as staff officers in an national HQs
- Participants should have following standards of proficiency in English (as described in STANAG 6001): 2, 2, 2, 2
- Computer skills: Basic computer handling (MS Word and PPT) is highly desirable
The Course is delivered by national and international instructors and subject matter experts.
20 days before the start of activity.