UN POLICE OFFICERS COURSE
The course is designed to generally prepare the participants for duties in a peacekeeping operation so that they can: fulfill police aspects of UN peacekeeping mandates in accordance with DPO/DOS principles and guidelines; perform their police functions in an effective, professional and integrated manner; and demonstrate the core values and competencies of the United Nations.
To prepare police officers for UN Integrated/Multidimensional Peacekeeping Operations so they can work effectively with the outline objectives of the UN Security Council Resolutions mandate and to turn capable police officer into competent peacekeeper.
- Explain strategic fundamentals and principles of UN peacekeeping
- Summarize ways of cooperation with mission partners and counterparts throught application of comprehensive approach
- Use mediation and negotitation skills
- Support the process of reforming, restructuring and rebuilding of host country law enforcement agencies
- Apply human rights standards in the use of force and in arrest and detention
- Perform basic UN Police Officers skills
- Explain how UN peace operations can implement their mandates
- Adhere to UN rules, core values and standards
- Up to 45 police officers national and international;
- The course is designed for all police officers from polices agencies (BiH and international) who will be deployed as peacekeepers to various UN mission.
The Course is delivered in cooperation with Ministry of Security BiH.
20 days before the start of activity.
Read out "United Nations Peacekeeping Operations Principles and Guidelines" also known as Capstone or the Capstone Doctrine.
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
The participants should complete e-learning course on “Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse by UN Personnel” before the end of residential part of the course. The course is provided on the UN System Staff College (UNSSC) portal.
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites.