UN POLICE OFFICERS COURSE
|Iterations||04.10.2021 - 15.10.2021 , 26.09.2022 - 07.10.2022|
|ePrime number:||PSOTC 3.6|
To prepare police officers for UN Integrated/Multidimensional Peacekeeping Operations so they can work effectively with the outline objectives of the UN Security Council Resolutions mandate and to turn capable police officer into competent peacekeeper.
- A Strategic Level Overview of UN Peacekeeping
- The Establishment and Functioning of UN Peacekeeping Operations
- Effective Mandate Implementation
- Protection of civilians in Peacekeeping
- Security Sector Reform
- Standards, Values and Safety of UN Peacekeeping Personnel
- Mediation/Negotiation and use of Language Assistants
- Land Navigation, UN Police
- Radio Communication, UN Police
- Report Writing, UN Police
- Reform, Restructuring and Rebuilding of Law Enforcement Agencies
- Human Rights standards in Arrest and Detention
- Human Rights standards in Use of Force and Firearms
- Core business of UN Police and its key partners
- UN Police and Different Legal Systems
- Mentoring and Advising
- Community Based Policing
- Road Safety and 4x4 driving, shooting and weapon handling
- Sexual and gender based crimes
- Up to 40 police officers national and international
The Course is delivered in cooperation with Ministry of Security BiH.
30 days before the start of activity.
Read out "United Nations Peacekeeping Operations Principles and Guidelines" also known as Capstone or the Capstone Doctrine.
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
The participants should complete e-learning course on “Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse by UN Personnel” before the end of residential part of the course. The course is provided on the UN System Staff College (UNSSC) portal.
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites.