UTILITY OF GENDER IN PEACE SUPPORT OPERATIONS COURSE
|Iterations||07.06.2021 - 11.06.2021 , 06.06.2022 - 10.06.2022|
RESIDENTAccredited by University NATO APPROVED
The Course will provide participants with an understanding of gender perspective in the security sector and in Peace Support Operations, as well as Prevention of Sexual Violence in Conflict.
- International and national frameworks and guidelines related to gender Mainstreaming in PSO
- Gender perspective and its implementation through all phases of PSO
- Impact of CR-GBSV on a mission and mitigation measures
- The Course is designed for NCOs and officers including all services, police and civilians
- Up to 50 national and international participants
- Participants should have following standards of proficiency in English (as described in STANAG 6001): 2, 2, 2, 2
The Course is delivered by national and international instructors and subject matter experts, both military and civilian. The course is conducted in cooperation with Faculty of Political Science and under supervision and assistance from Nordic Centre for Gender in Military Operations (NCGM).
30 days before the start of activity.
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
A pre-course recommendation for this Course is that student finishes ADL 169 – “Improving Operational Effectiveness by Integrating Gender Perspective (JKO New Version)” on NATO Partnership for Peace Consortium Advanced Distributed Learning Website. The student is expected to present the printed ADL Course Certificate to the Course Admin at PSOTC during the in-processing phase.
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites. In order to get the access to the referred course it is mandatory to create an account on the JADL portal. Please, refer to the Course catalogue (page 6 – 8).