UN COMPREHENSIVE PROTECTION OF CIVILIANS COURSE
|ePrime Reference Number:||N/A|
|ETOC Course Code:||N/A|
|ETF Course Code:|
The course will provide understanding of Protection of Civilians within UN PKOs (Peacekeeping Operations) framework through lectures, syndicate discussions and scenario based exercise (SBE). In addition to POC, emphasis will be placed on Gender and Child Protection in PKO and Prevention of Sexual Violence.
The aim of the course is to provide the key personnel from tactical HQs deploying on UN PKO with a framework of understanding of the impact of Protection of Civilians (POC), Child Protection and Conflict-Related Sexual Violence (CRSV) on tactical planning level within UN Peacekeeping, and how to integrate military and other agencies‘ protection efforts in multidimensional UN PKO.
- Comprehend POC conceptual framework and challenges for its implementation in UN PKO environment;
- Identify the key components of legal framework that supports POC concept;
- Implement POC concept in operational planning process;
- Comprehend special considerations for Conflict Related Sexual Violence (CRSV) and Child Protection (CP).
- Up to 40 national and international participants, Senior NCOs and officers up to Lieutenant Colonel (OF-4), including all services, as well as the police and civilian equivalents;
- The Course is designed for peacekeepers that will deploy to various UN missions with POC Mandate;
- Course participants should have basic knowledge about United Nations, preferably completed UN Staff Officer/NCO Course or United Nations Military Expert on Missions Course;
- Participants should have following standards of proficiency in English (as described in STANAG 6001): 2, 2, 2, 2;
- Computer skills: Basic computer handling (MS Word and PPT) is highly desirable.
Participants should have following standards of proficiency in English (as described in STANAG 6001): 2,2,2,2
Read out "United Nations Peacekeeping Operations Principles and Guidelines" also known as Capstone or the Capstone Doctrine.
ADVANCED DISTANCE LEARNING
It is strongly recommended for all course participants to complete ADL Course on UN Core Pre-Deployment Training Materials (CPTM) at PSOTC ADL platform. All participants will receive via email an instruction about the access on the ADL platform. The overall knowledge obtained during online ADL course will be subject on theory based test on first day of the Course.
REMARK: PSOTC is not the owner of the prerequisite material. It is located on the third parties websites and all regulations and procedures applied can be found on their websites.